MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – The company of controversial Japanese billionaire Kazuo Okada filed Internet libel case versus his partner-turned-bitter foe, Steve Wynn, in Manila for “maliciously” leaking to the press a report adversarial to Okada.
In a December 13 disclosure to the Japanese stock exchange, Okada-led Universal Entertainment Corp. said the group filed a criminal complaint against Wynn, chairman of Wynn Resorts where Okada was vice chair and the biggest shareholder, at a local court in Parañaque City.
- Okada cites Cybercrime law in libel suit vs Wynn in Manila (rappler.com)
- Okada files libel suit vs Wynn in PH (business.inquirer.net)
- Suing Customers Who Give Bad Reviews (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Internet defamation risk management (defamationlawyer.co.uk)
- Internet Defamation. What does a Modern Internet Defamation Lawyer Do?(internetlawexpert.co.uk)
- Britons back Lord McAlpine over Sally Bercow action (telegraph.co.uk)
- MPs voice Defamation Bill fears (bbc.co.uk)
- Can You Be Sued For Libel Using Social Media In The U.S? (dangerouslee.biz)